Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Irons In The Fire


 My Grandma Hoppes used to ask me if I had too many irons in the fire.  I always wondered what she meant and today I think I have figured it out.  I was looking over my desk at the office and noticed I had about ten projects going at the same time.  I immediately thought about my grandma’s words.  “Rita, do you have too many irons in the fire”.  I laughed and wondered how she could be so far away and so close at the same time.  I just love her!
            When I look at my life, I see all the “irons” I have in the fire.  I see my husband, my children, my foster children…past and present, my job at the church, my quest to achieve my BA then MA in Psychology and my health and exercise plan that I choose to take on to stay healthy.  But, most of all, I see my Father in Heaven.  Just to know that when I get so busy with life that He sends down a loving reminder of my Grandmother to bless my day. 
            Well Grandma, 13 years later I still have many irons in the fire and I believe they are all a part of the vision that God has placed in my heart.  My vision is to have a healthy marriage, strong confident children, safe and loved foster children, to be a blessing in the church and to complete a degree that will open doors to helping people in the future.  I believe my vision is blessings sent from generations of family who have worked hard to exalt others.  Thank you Grandma for blessing me so many times in life and even still today. 
            I am very thankful for all the opportunities in my life that keep my irons in the fire and so thankful for the support of my family and friends. 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I have been praying about that recently. Praying to be content with where I was... and God says, "Honey... I love you. Not because you are successful, it actually has nothing to do what YOU have done... I love you and you are beautiful to me. You are mine... and I am yours... nothing else matters." And in those words I find that I do not need to have as "many irons in the fire..." God only wants one- Him...

    Think about it like a marshmallow roaster stick- is it better to have 15 marshmellow sticks that you can roast all at the same time? Or is it better to have one strong stick with 15 places to put marshmallows? I think the second option! haha... God wants to be our stick- our foundation... and everything else should branch off HIM. :)

    And yes.

    I just made that up. haha...

    Thanks God for the creative mind. :)

    Love, Makay
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart Makay! I love your comment and will put it to use. God is the most important and He is my foundation, or stick as you put it so well. Thanks for your input and you be blessed!

    PS, I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing just this week. Funny how God works to bring people together. : )

    ReplyDelete